[Gambas-user] running IDE with Qt5

Sun Dec 6 16:14:08 CET 2015

on that cases then the distribution mut handle with the problem..

must be a system wide qt main executable like in debian that points to
the main qt env by exmple in debian qmake points to qmake-qt4 until
squeeze and in wheeze points to qmake-qt5

swo then using a system like that the mantainer must setup a code in
the ide and detects the qt main enviroment and lauch the proper
component

its suppost that linux users are not "M$" users and must know what are
doing, like configure & make & make install ....that's the true!

so its suppost that in the "automatic case" of distribution the
"wrapper" must be handle by the mantainer, on the other cases, like u
done, users will ask to upstream developers and ask how to lauch with
"X" environment!

> Le 06/12/2015 04:24, Ian Haywood a écrit :
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 11:03 AM, PICCORO McKAY Lenz
>> <mckaygerhard at ...626...> wrote:
>>> set a env variable to QT5 and that's all, of course, all the
>>> components in qt5 framework must be set, packages made for some
>>> disributions may have some misc but works in general lines
>> when packaging for a distro the interpreter should work "out of the
>> box", users should be
>> able to type "gambas3" or launch form the menus, not "GB_GUI=QT5 gambas3"
>>
>> One solution is to have a wrapper shell script that sets the variable
>> Easier IMHO is to patch main/lib/gui.qt/main.c to prefer qt5 over qt4
>> which is probably what Debian will end up doing.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> gambas3 is not the interpreter, it's the IDE.
>
> Maybe the solution is making the gb.gui.qt component clever.
>
> I mean, if a project needs both gb.gui.qt and gb.gui.qt.webkit, it must
> check both to choose between QT4 ot QT5, not just gb.gui.qt.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)