[Gambas-user] R: Fitting RichtText into several limited areas

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Fri Dec 4 12:05:11 CET 2015

Hello,

...could .Font.RichTextWidth() function help you ?

vuott

 Data: Venerdì 4 dicembre 2015, 10:01

 Can I somehow predict where a
 RichText will be too long for a box of
 text on a page, then cut it there, and let the rest flow
 into another box?

 You all know this from DTP programs: you have several text
 frames, and
 text is running on from one frame into the next if too
 long.

 I guess this isn't possible because there seems to be no
 intelligent
 helper function that can handle RichText strings like e. g.
 UTF-8
 strings are handled in contrary to ASCII strings. As far as
 I can see,
 RichText is simply a UTF-8 string containing a lot of XML
 tags. A
 special Left, Mid or Right function would have to
 reconstruct these tags
 for the other part of the string to keep the tags
 functionable.

 A workaround would be to extract the pure text and store the
 tagged
 values somewhere else until the text has been cut apart. But
 it would
 make the whole automatic in RichText senseless.

 But maybe I just didn't find this functionality?

 Regards
 Rolf

 Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R)
 XDK.
 Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development
 environment.
 Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D
 high-impact games for multiple OSs.