[Gambas-user] Fitting RichtText into several limited areas

Fri Dec 4 10:01:56 CET 2015

Can I somehow predict where a RichText will be too long for a box of
text on a page, then cut it there, and let the rest flow into another box?

You all know this from DTP programs: you have several text frames, and
text is running on from one frame into the next if too long.

I guess this isn't possible because there seems to be no intelligent
helper function that can handle RichText strings like e. g. UTF-8
strings are handled in contrary to ASCII strings. As far as I can see,
RichText is simply a UTF-8 string containing a lot of XML tags. A
special Left, Mid or Right function would have to reconstruct these tags
for the other part of the string to keep the tags functionable.

A workaround would be to extract the pure text and store the tagged
values somewhere else until the text has been cut apart. But it would
make the whole automatic in RichText senseless.

But maybe I just didn't find this functionality?

Regards
Rolf