[Gambas-user] IDE global search question

adamnt42 at ...626... adamnt42 at ...626...
Thu Dec 3 22:39:10 CET 2015

On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 23:37:57 +1100
richard terry <rterry at ...1823...> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I 'm doing some major surgery on my medical records program and wondered
> if one can use a wildcard search in the project wide search box or regex
>
> thanks
>
> Richard

Yes, you can. Just use the Ctl+F shortcut to open the search dialog. You'll see that one of the Options is Regular Expression (and of course you need to select either Source Files or All Files as the Search In preference).

But! (Heehee) You will occasionally get "false positives" in the results. For example, I used *[Pp]roj* as my search string and get all the expected hits, but also hits on "Property..." and "... ProgIcon ..." and a few others.  So beware of global replaces.

regards
bruce

--
B Bruen <adamnt42 at ...3379... (sort of)>