[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE slows down to standstill on terminal server

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Dec 3 15:04:35 CET 2015

Le 03/12/2015 08:48, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
> On my terminal server in the office, after having open Gambas IDE for
> some hours, suddenly the IDE will slow down to nearly standstill. This
> is reproducable, though I cannot know when it happens. Seems to come
> faster when I work a lot in the editor. After a minute or so, even mouse
> events on the whole screen are slowing down, and I had it twice that I
> had to go to the server room and log in from there and kill gbr3 from
> the command line to regain access to my terminal.
>
> This seems to have to do with the optimazation Benoit has made, see our
> conversation on the X server. There seems to be some kind of
> accumulation which stuffs the RAM in my terminal until it starts swapping.

I will check, but normally, if a terminal server is detected (i.e. if
DISPLAY does not begins with ":"), then all image caches are disabled.
What's the value of DISPLAY on your X11 client (i.e. your server)?

--
Benoît Minisini