[Gambas-user] Gambas Website Mockups

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Mon Aug 31 00:48:39 CEST 2015

So, with all this feedback, I refined the design a little bit, and here
is the result. :)

I focused mainly on fixing the colors used on the page. As Hans pointed
out,
they weren't very coherent. I now only use tones of the three main colors
(blue, orange and white), and I also tweaked the orange again, so tell me
if it hurts your eyes too much.

Also, rather than completely removing the borders (as Benoît suggested),
I tried another approach using shadows instead, which definitely look
better
(at least to me).

I reworked the semantics a bit, which fixed the rendering on
text-based browsers. But keep in mind that as this is just a mockup,
metadata and media queries will be fully implemented later. ;)

>   (3) Why two colors here?

The two colors were here to help distinguishing the first "pinned"
article, and the others. But I refined the design in the latest version,
so it should look better now.

>   (5) See image.

I don't see any problem here, so I'm assuming that you don't like the
border-hover-effect ?
I personally find it nice, it helps seeing what row we're clicking on.

> The article part take all the width ... what about having a farm last
> improved elements ?

I thought about that, and I tried having a "farm spotlight" section, but
it caused two problems :

- Because it halves the size of both sections, there is way less space
   for the content. It looks okay-ish on my 1366px-wide screen, bad on
   my 4:3 1280px-wide screen, and ridiculous below. And I made the
   design so I could target 900px as the minimal width before switching
   to mobile mode, so that was actually a big problem.

- It just makes too much content on the page. The amount of text there is
   currently is okay I think, if I put more I feel like I'm looking at a
   dashboard rather than a presentation page.

> I think you must decrease the alpha level on article info elements(date
> & by)

I remade these, but I removed the background and used a brighter font
color instead. Tell me what you think.

That's it for this revision. If you have any more feedback I will
gladly take it, in the meantime I'm going back to work on my back-end
components. :)

Adrien Prokopowicz