[Gambas-user] [Gambas Bug Tracker] Bug #701: Ampersand in button text only works in the designer

bugtracker at ...3416... bugtracker at ...3416...
Wed Aug 26 18:49:25 CEST 2015

Geoffrey DE BELIE reported a new bug.

Summary
-------

Ampersand in button text only works in the designer

Type             : Bug
Priority         : Medium
Gambas version   : 3.7
Product          : Unknown

Description

I made a button with the text "Hi & bye". Because an ampersand creates an underlined char (for shortcut purposes), I used two ampersands in code: "Hi && bye". That works in the designer.

However, in runtime this does not work and this still creates an ampersand. I consider this a bug. Or is there another way to escape?