[Gambas-user] Splash sreens in qt4 projects no longer borderless after update to Gambas 3.8.0

willy at ...3474... willy at ...3474...
Tue Aug 25 21:12:40 CEST 2015

Hi all,

On a testing system (with NO IDE installed) I have several of my
projects installed (using deb packages made with Gambas 3.5.2).
When I came back from vacation I upgraded the system to Gambas 3.8.0
(from 3.7.1) using Gambas team PPA. Also note that I didn't change theme
on the system.

Upon starting the projects I noticed that the splash screens are no
longer borderless as they used to be when previous Gambas versions where
installed. This seems only to happen in qt4-based projects.

I also have one gtk-based project running on the system and the splash
screen there is borderless (as is supposed to be).

The projects where all developed and packaged with Gambas 3.5.2.

Attached two screens:
First one is gtk project showing splash screen borderless as should
Second one is a qt4 project showing splash screen with border (should be
borderless and was with previous Gambas versions).

As I have no IDE installed on testing system I can't provide the
Systeminfo from IDE.
The system is a Linux Mint 13 Maya with Mate 1.6.1 desktop running
Gambas 3.8.0.

If you need more info, please let me know.

gbWilly