[Gambas-user] Multidimensional dynamic array basics

Mon Aug 24 23:09:36 CEST 2015

On 08/22/2015 06:43 AM, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Well you need to understand that you make an array of array of models
>
> To fill it :
>

> Public StageListWall As New ObjModel[][]
>
> StageListWall.Resize(200)
>
> 'Instanciate each x Level
>
> For i = 1 to StageListWall.Max
>
>    StageListWall[i] = new objModel[]
>
> next
>

> 'Adding a Model :
>
> hModel = new ObjModel
>
> StageListWall[0].Add(hModel)
>
> 'To get the Model name if you have a property name :
>
> StageListWall[0][0].Name
>

> To Delete a model
>

> StageListWall[0].Delete(0)
>

> To clear All model of x level
>
> StageListWall[x].Clear

Okay, I think I got the basics here (finally). Here's the
modified/simplified code that essentially does what I need:

Public Sub Main()

   Dim a As New String[][]

   ' Add element to first dimension.
   a.Add([])

   ' Add elements to second dimension.
   a[0].Add("0Hello")
   a[0].Add("0Goodbye")
   a[0].Add("0Marco")
   a[0].Add("0Polo")

   Print a[0][0]
   Print a[0][1]
   Print a[0][2]
   Print a[0][3]

   ' Add element to first dimension.
   a.Add([])

   ' Add elements to second dimension.
   a[1].Add("1Hello")
   a[1].Add("1Goodbye")
   a[1].Add("1Marco")
   a[1].Add("1Polo")

   Print a[1][0]
   Print a[1][1]
   Print a[1][2]
   Print a[1][3]

End

I attached a screenshot showing the output. It's a good thing everyone's
brain works a little differently; otherwise we'd all be screwed. :)
Thanks everyone immeasurable tons for the help.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues