[Gambas-user] OpenAL (gb.openal) example code and problem loading .wav files

Ru Vuott vuott at ...325...
Fri Aug 21 19:50:35 CEST 2015

> one allocation is not freed... I don't know what it is.

...because we have to destroy also the audio context:

      Alc.DestroyContext(AudioContext)

Regards
vuott

 Data: Venerdì 21 agosto 2015, 19:15

 Fixed code attached.
 However, one allocation is not freed... I don't know
 what it is.

 Jussi

 On
 Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Kevin Fishburne <
 kevinfishburne at ...1887...>
 wrote:

 > Okay Benoît,
 you can take me off your list of people to kill now that
 > I've finally gotten around to
 implementing OpenAL. :)

 > The documentation online is pretty
 spartan, with much of it being

 outdated, but I still managed to set things up reasonably
 well to play a
 > sine wave at a specified
 frequency and I think I've found the function
 > to load a .wav file into an audio buffer
 in order to play it. The latter

 doesn't work, however. The "alure" class seems
 to be similar to "glu" in

 that it's a high-level "helper" class to make
 common functions easy,
 > such as loading
 sound files directly.

 > This line should load the .wav file into
 the buffer and allow me to play
 > it, but
 it returns False:

 Print Alure.BufferDataFromFile("./test.wav",
 AudioBuffer[0])

 Here's the example project if anyone wants to play with
 it:

 > http://eightvirtues.com/misc/OpenAL_Example.tar.gz
 >
 > This issue is
 probably unrelated, but on running the program this
 > message displays in the debug window:
 >
 > "Error loading
 libdumb.so.1: libdumb.so.1: cannot open shared object
 > file: No such file or directory"
 >
 > libdumb is described
 as "DUMB is a tracker library with support for IT,
 > XM, S3M and MOD files." so I
 don't think that's an issue here. If OpenAL
 > support it however, the library might need
 to be added as a dependency
 > during
 compilation.

 > --