[Gambas-user] Packaging problem: as freely distribute a GB program?

Filippo Casati filipsnew at ...626...
Thu Apr 30 22:06:05 CEST 2015

Hi, I have the latest version Gambas. I would like to create a package to
deploy a program (having selected as Project Type the type Graphical
Application) on platforms with Ubuntu 14.04. Currently, I have Gambas on
Xubuntu 14.04, and I created here the package automatically via the Gambas
widget. In the end, I am informed that the creation was successful, then
going to the folder where the package files are present, I see that these are
three .deb files, four .gz files, and further text files (with extensions
.dsc, .changes). When I right-click and choose "Open With Gdebi" on the
.deb, it happens at the end this error

*Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: gambas3-runtime(>=3.7)*

Same thing if I choose to go through the Ubuntu repositories (Ubuntu
Software Center).
Can you tell me what it depends on this issue? Currently I cannot
package applications
written in Gambas, but only run them through the "Create executable" menu,
that requires the presence of Gambas in the system.

Best regards, Fabiano

*MY SYSTEM + GAMBAS VERSION INFORMATIONS *

[System]
Gambas=3.7.1
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.16.0-30-generic