[Gambas-user] A question on gb.gui

Gian bagoneo at ...69...
Mon Apr 27 20:30:33 CEST 2015

Il 27/04/2015 19:41, Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
> Am Sonntag, den 26.04.2015, 14:39 +0200 schrieb Gian:
>> Il 24/04/2015 14:23, Gian ha scritto:
>>> Hello Benoit,
>>> Sorry if I let some criticism on the strategy gb.gui in this email.
>>> I state to be old and ignorant (to 16 years (1963) already around the
>>> world to work) and that I admire very much you and your collaborators,
>>> otherwise I would be silent.
>>> Ubuntu can represent for free software that Windows is for closed software.
>>> Ubuntu uses GTK and you love QT and that's OK.
>>> Gb.gui never completely properly worked, why insist? Is not better to
>>> abandon gb.gui, gb.gtk2, gb.gtk3 and focusing on those software that
>>> manage to combine the GTK with QT, explaining well the use to all
>>> shrimps, maybe helping them for installation?
>>> Thanks for the attention.
>>> Gianluigi
>>>

>> Hello Benoit,
>> I'm sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention. Quite the contrary.
>> I believe that the main feature of Gambas is the one that, with a few
>> clicks, we can get a GUI very effective and pleasant.
>> But if the GUI does not work...
>> I note that no one has commented on what I have written here, me wonder why?
>> Do not they want displease you?
>> Do not they use gb.gui (gb.gtk +)?
>> Do not they care if their code works with GTK?
>> They use Gambas only for fun or theoretical study?
>> They think that those who use Ubuntu is an idiot?
>> But perhaps it is more likely that having fought with these malfunctions
>> they have surrendered and now they use and do use a distro with KDE.
>> I really hope you understand that I am writing to build and not to destroy.
>> My best regards
>> Gianluigi
>>
> Salut Gianluigi,
>
> I stopped to use gtk/gui in my projects, because of these known
> problems. Sometimes for small test apps with a quick clicked new project
> I finish with a gui, but on the first problem I switch to qt.
> And I do not care at all, if my code works with GTK, yes!
> And  actually I work with Ubuntu since 04.10 and with 06.06 I changed to
> LTS.

Hello Charlie,
Also I do so, I use exclusively Qt and I do the test  on Ubuntu with
installed Qt Configurations and two simple settings: Tab Appearance on
Plastique and Tab Fonts on Ubuntu 11 Regular.
Phil's application appears correctly colored as attached.
Thanks to the precious suggestion of  Ron Klinkien after a year I also
see the Gambas warning :)
Even you are using Qt Configuration or use another strategy?
Regards
Gianluigi