[Gambas-user] Gambas stable builds

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...626...
Tue Apr 21 18:43:41 CEST 2015

On Apr 21, 2015 10:13 AM, "corradoventu at ...69..." <corradoventu at ...69...>
wrote:

> According page:
> https://launchpad.net/~gambas-team/+archive/ubuntu/gambas3
> the current gambas version should be 3.7
> but ubuntu 15.4 software center installs gambas3-ide 3.5.4-2ubuntu3
> (here the lines from gambas system information)
>
> [System]
> Gambas=3.5.4
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=3.19.0-14-generic
> Architecture=x86_64
> Distribution=Ubuntu 15.04
> Desktop=GNOME
> Theme=QGtk
> Language=en_US.UTF-8
> Memory=1929M
>
> I know I can install from PPA (in fact I'm using 3.7.90 from daily PPA)
> but I think this is a problem.
> Should I open the problem to Ubuntu? Or to Gambas? On none?

Actually, none of them. The problem is we can't find a Debian sponsor for
the project, so Gambas packages remain outdated in Debian. Ubuntu syncs the
packages from Debian in each release, so until we find a sponsor, it will
remain outdated in Debian and, in consequence, in Ubuntu. I already tried
and offered my help, but it got nowhere. If you want to reopen the issue in
their mailing list and put some pressure, please do.

Thanks for your interest!