[Gambas-user] Strange error after switching PopUpMenu

Tue Sep 30 16:42:19 CEST 2014

Am 30.09.2014 16:11, schrieb Tobias Boege:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, Tobias Boege wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
>>> I tried to set the PopUpMenu property in the IDE to the (one and only)
>>> menu "mnDatei" in the project. Suddenly I get this error:
>>>
>>> This application has raised an unexpected
>>> error and must abort.
>>>
>>> Unable to load image.
>>> CFamily.DrawIcon.258
>>>
>>> and the IDE crashes each time I go into the Form editor. As long as I
>>> stay in the source editor, Gambas keeps running.
>>>
>>> To restore the setting, I edited Form1.form and changed
>>>
>>> {TextArea1 TextArea
>>> .
>>> .
>>> PopupMenu = ""
>>>
>>> So, it's running again, but what would you have done?
>>>

>> I know this error, too (had it 2 or 3 times), and I fixed it exactly as you
>> did. But I could never reproduce any of the occurences, sadly...
>>

> Also, my errors likely weren't related to menus. I don't normally touch the
> menu editor.

Yes you seem to be right here!

Although the PopupMenu property has been changed, it still crashes. I
tried around with it a bit and found that when I go with the mouse over
a certain point in the form, it crashes.

Well, that maybe random, but it might point to the reason at least.

I attach the project. When you load it, you will land in the source
editor. Switch to Form1.form. Nothing should happen at once. When you
hover with the mouse over the form at about the point where the LCD zero
is, the error occurs.

Obviously, the form editor looks for an icon it has to show here...

Rolf