[Gambas-user] TrayIcon error

Jørn Erik Mørne epost at ...3323...
Sat Sep 27 00:15:15 CEST 2014

Den 26. sep. 2014 23:57, skrev Benoît Minisini:
>>> I just tested this in Ubuntu 14.04 and here it runs without error, but
>>> there's no icon added to the tray, and when I close the window, Gambas
>>> "believes" it is still runnung, so I need to use stop...
>> Any news about this?
>>
> Well, it works as expected in KDE4 at least. And the TrayIcons are
> managed indepently, so if you close the windows, the trayicon keeps
> running (it is not owned by the window). You must explicitely close (i.e
> hide) the trayicon too to quit the application.
>
> Are you sure that you have the system tray plasma widget in your panel?

I believed I had reported back that the KDE for some reason unbeknownst
to me just happened to work as expected here too. However, in Ubuntu,
there's no icon in tray... This is my code:

Public Sub Form_Open()

   TrayIcon1.Picture = Picture["icon:/16/access"]
   TrayIcon1.Show()

End

Public Sub Form_Close()

   TrayIcon1.Hide()

End

Closing now works too with the .Hide() implemented :)