[Gambas-user] DateBox popup transparency issue

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Sep 23 19:11:12 CEST 2014

On di, 2014-09-23 at 18:36 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 23/09/2014 17:46, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > someone reported an issue with DateBox's chooser popup. After double-clicking
> > on a date, the popup would stay halfways transparent and flicker according to
> > the mouse movements. The attached screenshot kind of shows this. Project is
> > also attached.
> >
> > After it didn't happen on my system, we found out that replacing gb.gui with
> > gb.qt4 fixed the symptom. His system:
> >
> > [System]
> > Gambas=3.5.4
> > OperatingSystem=Linux
> > Kernel=3.13.0-36-generic
> > Architecture=x86_64
> > Distribution=Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS
> > Desktop=GNOME
> > Theme=QGtk
> > Language=en_US.UTF-8
> > Memory=16030M
> > [Libraries]
> > Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11301.0
> > Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
> > DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.6
> > GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
> > GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.204.0
> > GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.23
> > OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
> > Poppler=libpoppler.so.44.0.0
> > Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.6
> > SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi
> >

> I guess this is an Unity thing... By the way, it detects the desktop as
> being Gnome. If someone knows a way to detect that it is actually Unity.

Private $sUnityVersion As String

Private Function Unity() As Boolean

  Dim sOutput As String
  Try Exec ["unity", "--version"] To sOutput
  If Not (Error Or Len(sOut) = 0) Then
    bUnity = True
    $sUnityVersion = ExtractUnityVersion(sOutput)
    Return True
  Else
    Return False
  Endif

Private Function ExtractUnityVersion(TextToParse As String) As String

  Dim iPosB, iPosE As Integer
  iPosB = InStr(TextToParse, " ", 1) + 1
  iPosE = InStr(TextToParse, "\n", iPosB)
  Return Trim(Mid$(TextToParse, iPosB, iPosE - iPosB))

End

Important is to check this before checking for gnome!!

As far as I know it doesn't run with all window managers.
It does run with: mutter, metacity, kwin and muffin.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/