[Gambas-user] Static Classes and Modules

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Sep 21 00:00:21 CEST 2014

Another thing just popped into mind:

Consider an inheritance chain where at some level a class only defines static features (but inherits dynamic features from ancestral classes).

If "only static feautures" presumed "non-instantiable class"  then this would break subsequent inheritance.

regards
Bruce

p.s. I have had a bit of a look around the web and this concept of "static" = "non-instantiable" seems to be an idea of a certain North American software company whose products are of limited appeal to the majority of Linux users :-)  I might have to see if my old Bertram Meyer text book is in the attic as I am getting more and more sure that "static" means allocated at class level rather than at instance level and nothing more.
--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>