[Gambas-user] Locating a function's source code?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Sep 19 11:10:03 CEST 2014

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014, T Lee Davidson wrote:
> I have registered an account on the Wiki and now need to get a handle on
> the wiki syntax, so....

... so look at [0] first :-)

> On 09/18/2014 01:57 PM, Tobias Boege wrote:
> > Everything you find under /lang in the documentation belongs to the
> > language, which means that it's built into the interpreter.
>

> > There are some places to remember:
> >
> >   - /gb.*: components written in C/C++
> >   - /comp/src/gb.*: components written in Gambas
> >   - /app/src/*: Gambas programs such as the IDE, the wiki and the scripter
> >   - /examples: the example projects available from the IDE
> >   - /main/gbc: compiler, informer, archiver
> >   - /main/gbx: interpreter
> >   - /main/lib: components in C/C++ without dependencies
>
> I think the above information would be good on the "How To Deal With
> Subversion" Wiki page, right underneath, "You can read the repository
> contents from the web at this address: http://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/code"
>
> What do you think? Yes? No?

Yes, why not!

> There is one thing I need clarified, though. I was under the impression
> that Gambas was written in C *only*. Does it also use C++ code?

It has C++ where appropriate. Like in gb.jit as the LLVM interface is much
more intuitive to talk to in C++ than C. The same goes for gb.qt4 and QT4.

To have an overview of components using C++, look at:

  $ find -name *.cpp | xargs dirname | sort | uniq
  ./TEMPLATE
  ./gb.db.sqlite2/src
  ./gb.db.sqlite3/src
  ./gb.gtk/src