[Gambas-user] Building /trunk

John Leake jleake at ...3375...
Wed Sep 17 22:33:15 CEST 2014

My Ubuntu version is 12.04.5 LTS as shown at the head if this thread.
I just did a sudo apt-get install llvm and hey all I have now is
|| Unable to find file: libintl.so
|| Unable to find file: libiconv.so
Before make and sudo make install
I did:-
sudo apt-get purge ganmas3
and
sudo apt-get autoremove
and verified that there was no gambas3 executable
then make and sudo make install and all seems OK.

Summary to this thread
----------------------
I used a net se to look for how to build gambas3 trunk from the
subversion repo which pulled up

http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/howto/svn?v3#t2

This was not enough info even though I followed the steps to the letter.
user help pointed me to

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/report#t3
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install

This was also not enough so more help pointed me to

http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu#t6

This did not quite make it so more help suggested I install llvm and the
feeling I got was almost better than sex.

Conclusion
If all the docs relating to building trunk were combined and in the same
place I would have got here with just a single request for help.

Many thanks to you all,
John Leake