[Gambas-user] Thread view broken

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Sep 17 01:37:58 CEST 2014

Hi people,

as of recently there were more mails than usual which broke the thread view
of which some mail clients are capable and which some of us like very much.

On the one side, there are mails which start a new topic (judging from their
content), but belong to an already existing thread. This happens when the
sender replies to a message in an (unrelated) thread instead of creating an
entirely new message. There is a screenshot showing multiple of these
instances.

On the other side, there are some mails which drop out of a thread for no
apparent reason. My mail client uses the In-Reply-To and References headers
to do its thread thing and I think this is the popular way. From those who
write regularly, I see Ru Vuott doing this from time to time and PICCORO
McKAY Lenz all the time. Maybe your mail clients have a blackout sometimes?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be the "mail police". It's not too
much traffic for me to relink the wrong mails once in a time. But if the
mails would arrive correct, that would be great!

Regards,
Tobi