[Gambas-user] Control Backgroung/Foreground colour

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Sep 16 21:28:52 CEST 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, John Leake wrote:
> Hi Tobi,
>
> Thanks. A link to [0] in 'Compiling the Subversion repository' would
> save you a bit of email noise.

Sort of done.

> [System]
> Gambas=3.5.4
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=3.11.0-26-generic
> Architecture=x86_64
> Distribution=Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
> Desktop=XFCE
> Theme=QGtk
> Language=en_GB.UTF-8
> Memory=7863M
> [Libraries]
> Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11000.2
> Curl=libcurl.so.4.2.0
> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.5.8
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.1.0
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10
> Poppler=libpoppler.so.19.0.0
> Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.1
> SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3
>
> I didn't run make because there is little or nothing to make with all
> the unreachable/missing header files. By the way I get the same errors
> with stable branch/3.5 so I it just looks like a build environment
> problem considering this is a virgin build under this setup.

Actually you built some critical parts of Gambas, without any error. You can
already use the interpreter per se. But you lack a good list of components.
Enough that you won't be able to compile the IDE...

See the list I linked in my last mail. Or even better (I guess?), since you
use Ubuntu, you may immediately have a look at: [2]. The guide was updated
last in Aug 2014. Probably it is still correct.

> A bit more newbie experience to go into the melting pot.
>
> Best regards,
>
> John
>
> P.S. I don't know why I keep going to the wrong place in the help.  Also
> I have not gone through each of tools yet I just assumed that the reconf
> and autoconf scripts would be the quickest way of finding any
> incompatibility.

I don't know what you mean by this. What do you look for in the help? What
tools do you mean?

[2] http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu