[Gambas-user] ...And what is planned for Gambas 3.7

rolf rolf.frogs at ...221...
Tue Sep 16 09:46:48 CEST 2014

Hi Benoît

> For the next version, I'd like to implement a Gambas dedicated software
> repository.
It sounds good

> 1) The Gambas repository is an http web service, but without website at
> the moment. It will allow to:
> - upload software.
> - search for software.
> - download software.
>
> 2) A software is a compiled Gambas project, with eventually the source
> project. Nothing more.
>
> 3) In the IDE, I will add a dialog to upload your project.
>
> 4) Uploading a project requires:
> - a login and a password, so you should be able to create an account
> from the IDE.
> - a project name.
> - a project description.
> - a project icon.
> - a project screenshot (optional).
> - a project major version.
> - tags. Some tags will be automatic (for example the component used by
> the project), some will be predefined.
> - a project control sum (MD5/SHA...).
>
> 5) I will made an external Gambas program to:
> - Search for projects inside the repository.
> - Download and install a project somewhere in the user home directory.
>
> 6) That program should be able to know how to install the needed gambas
> binary packages according to the system distribution. If it is not
> possible, it should at least warn the user about missing components.
>
> 7) A Gambas program may depend on other programs in the repository. That
> way libraries will be able to be put in the repository too.
>
> 8) Gambas examples will be moved from the source tree to the repository.
That is not a good idea in my opinion, because one cannot start programming or
look at examples without an internet connection. A set of basic examples
should still be installed locally, when install gambas.

Just my 2 ct.
Rolf