[Gambas-user] [Gambas-devel] Gambas IDE trunk slow start

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 13 22:34:28 CEST 2014

Le 13/09/2014 20:53, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 13/09/2014 19:21, Ron a écrit :
>> Did more testing, it's only slow when a lot of files are open on
>> startup (forms, classes)...
>> Did a ctrl-alt-w and it's fast.
>>
>> But the stable Gambas doesn't have this issue.
>>
>> Every 60 files (some big ones) gives a 2 Second delay I think
>>
>> I may be nitpicking... but we (I) don't want a slower IDE unless there
>> is a good reason for it :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron.
>>

> I agree. Can you send your project? I don't notice this behaviour.

I tested with the IDE source code. I opened more than 100 files, and it
takes about 2 seconds to open the IDE with all that files (I have a core
i5 @ 3,4 Ghz)

By the way, why opening more so many files? What for?

--
Benoît Minisini