[Gambas-user] Textbox bug

Ian ian.roper at ...1974...
Sat Sep 13 13:24:57 CEST 2014

I have the same problem.
If I select gb.GTK, gb.GTK3 or the standard gb.GUI, when I run the
application I cannot enter text into any of the input controls such as
text, textarea, spinbox…ect fields.
Backspace and Tab DO work !,  I can also 'paste' text into a control.
However drawing images; simple lines, circles ect on a drawing area
component will work correctly.

If I switch to gb.QT4 with or without the gb.QT4.ext then text entry
works but the drawing of images stops.
Stepping through the code, it runs without error but produces no display
on any drawing area control.

Note # This is on a fresh rebuild of Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" with the
latest overnight updates from the gambas-team/gambas-daily PPA.

The only thing I can add is that I get this warning in the console:
(rdadmin:5856): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction: assertion
'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
with the gb.GUI or gb.GTK component selected.
No error reported in the console with gb.GTK3 but the problem still
exists as stated.

Another has also reported this on the gambas forum at
whiteislandsofware.com with Ubuntu 14.04

Cheers,
Ian Roper.