[Gambas-user] gb.db.form: Program hangs after erasing content in a DataControl and clicking into a DataBrowser

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Sep 12 10:52:00 CEST 2014

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Christof Thalhofer wrote:
> > This piece of code there I recognise. It's from the PictureDatabase example
> > delivered with Gambas. So you suggest keeping table creation somewhere else?
>
> Yes, the function establishes one time the connection to db and this
> functionality is normally used ever and ever in a database frontend
> program. Why should it contain the functionality to create tables?
>
> > Rumour has it that you want to contribute to Gambas, so changing the
> > PictureDatabase example to be less "bad" would be a good start!
>
> Grmbl.

If you have time, of course! Or do what you want. It was just a quick idea.

> > Have you tested that? Do you have a patch for the project?
>
> No. I don't even know how to create a patch for Gambas.

Not for Gambas. For my Gambas project only. This is pretty easy *slap on
my back*. You have a source archive of the old project, right? Then you
uncompress it and change the project. In the IDE menu: Project -> Patch
-> Create, a wizard will guide you through the creation of a patch for a
Gambas project. The result is what you changed in the currently opened
project from the source archive you select in the wizard.

Regards,
Tobi