[Gambas-user] gb.db.form: Program hangs after erasing content in a DataControl and clicking into a DataBrowser

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Sep 12 02:46:14 CEST 2014

Le 12/09/2014 00:45, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Le 11/09/2014 19:57, Tobias Boege a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> attached is a project which shows odd behaviour. At first glance, the
>> source
>> code seems OK to me, so it might be a bug.
>>
>> It needs:
>>   - MySQL running, a user named "test" without password but with the
>> ability
>>     to create a database.table "Kontakte.kontakte".
>>
>> To reproduce:
>>   - (If you start the application without the above-mentioned table,
>> it will
>>      automatically be created and filled with sample data.)
>>   - Select a record,
>>   - Go to the DataControl for the "Vorname" field and delete its
>> contents,
>>   - Click anywhere into the DataBrowser,
>>   - Application hangs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tobi
>>

> I confirm that there is an infinite recursion somewhere.
>
> Now I'm trying to find it...
>
> Regards,

It should be fixed in revision #6467.

But you made a mistake by wanting an editable DataView on a read-only
DataSource. It couldn't work. I fixed that by making DataView and
DataControl read-only if their DataSource is read-only too.

Benoît Minisini