[Gambas-user] A real big enhancement request

B Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Fri Oct 31 00:39:37 CET 2014

This request is based on some of the stuff we do and also on quite a few other threads over the past while.

It seems that quite a few advanced Gambas users would like/need to access files in the executable archives for various reasons.  This includes Kevin, who wants to include static music files (?); ourselves, who want to access sqlite database(in read only mode, of course) and another the details I can't recall.  Another example, (specifically for us) is accessing the Gambas files, for example .project and .info and etc.

While accessing images and text files in the executable archive using relative pathing is quite good the above examples are a bit of a PITA involving shelling "gba -x commands" and/or pipes etc.

My request, Benoît, is that you consider something that would make using files in the executable archive, both the data files and the Gambas infrastructure files a bit easier....

best regards
Bruce
--
B Bruen <bbruen at ...2308...>