[Gambas-user] A little question about propagation of events and ShowModal.

Jorge Carrión shordi at ...626...
Tue Oct 28 10:03:23 CET 2014

>"Modal" means that the window takes all the mouse and keyboard events of
>the application (it has its own event loop).

Thay explain all my troubles. It's clear now.

>A window cannot be closed if there is a "child" modal window open. The
>modal window must be closed first.

Ok with that

>As for your history about Form_KeyRelease, I don't understand what you
>are talking about. Please be more descriptive.

It's simple: on fMain, the F1 key open a contextual help for the user based
on wich control has the Focus.
This event is propagated to all forms opened from fMain Menu and works fine
(you give me the clue about how this can be done a few months ago). But I
haven't noticed that it isn't propagated in Modal opened forms, so I didn't
know if that were a 3.6 issue or a expected behaviour. Your answer makes
all clear.
Thanks Benoit.

Regards