[Gambas-user] A little question about propagation of events and ShowModal.

Jorge Carrión shordi at ...626...
Mon Oct 27 04:56:54 CET 2014

I have a User help routine based in Key F1 keyrelease.
The code is in form FMain Form_KeyRelease() Event.
This event is nicely propagated to all forms in FMain.Controls collection
and all works fine.
Today I've noticed that doesn't work on modal forms (opened with ShowModal).

If copy/paste the FMain code to Form_KeyRelease of modal form all works
again but I thought that ShowModal it's only related with  the way that
"Visual Focus" (if such thing exists) is managed.

In ShowModal a form is non-dependant of FMain? I mean, by example: can
FMain be closed since a showmodal form?
If a showmodal form open a new form an closed himself after,  the form
created is closed too?

This are things that I could try in a moment, but I don't know if that
gives me the solution to the question:

What means, really, Showmodal?

(Perhaps 5 A.M. o'clock its not the best time to make this questions...)

Regards