[Gambas-user] Release goals for 3.7 / 4.0

Ian Haywood ihaywood3 at ...626...
Thu Oct 23 12:49:46 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Le 21/10/2014 16:25, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :

> The rule is the following: A program made with Gambas 3.X will work with
> all Gambas 3.Y where Y >= X, except if your program relies on the bad
> behaviour of a bug that is fixed in a new version.
the issue is developers usually have a bleeding-edge version, so
when they compile gambas binaries, they won't work on older versions
of the runtime that some distros (*cough* debian *cough*) use.

what I have done is produce a source debian package that then gets
compiled using gbc3 on the command line (just like building a C program)
with whatever version is on that debian version.
> You have to do with that rule, as I don't see any other rule that allows
> me to continue working on it.
ideally "back-compiling" to older versions as an option in the IDE,
but I appreciate that would be quite hard to do, your
time may be  more usefully spent on other things.

Ian