[Gambas-user] Import qbasic

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Tue Oct 21 18:53:34 CEST 2014

On 10/21/2014 09:57 AM, Barry wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a package written in qbasic which is run from command line and
> then controlled by a menu program. I would like to import programs to
> gambas with the intent of running using the GUI and developing extra
> capabilities to the package. I know I have a lot of work to do to
> achieve this but I really don't want to rewrite the whole package. Could
> I please have a few pointers to get started.
>
> Barry

Hello Barry,

It might be difficult to give you useful pointers to get you started
without knowing, among other things, how familiar you are with GUI
programming -- and Gambas in particular.

Since Gambas is similar to Visual Basic, you may find some pointers by
doing a web search for "convert qbasic to visual basic". And then
combine that info with the info at:
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/diffvb

Creating a form for each of the tasks your menu handles may work for
you. You will find information on Menu at:
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4

--
Lee