[Gambas-user] Font size vs. Paint.Scale

Mon Oct 20 15:30:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

just browsed the help text for the Paint system, and found this. It
sounds contradictory to me:

BEWARE: The font size, as returned by Paint.Font.Size, is an absolute size.
Its unit is the typographic point.
A typographic point is 1/72 of an inch, i.e. about 0,353 mm.

[Ok up to here, but now:]

BUT: The font size will be modified according to the paint matrix (i.e.
if you use Paint.Scale, Paint.Translate, Paint.Rotate...)

[That doesn't make sense to me]

The tip is to use Paint.Scale to have a coordinate system like mm or cm
for instance. The font size, however, would have to stay reliable in
either case: regardless of if I look at a line as 20 mm or 2 cm, the
letters above this line would have to be the same size.

Only if I used the paint matrix to "enlarge" or "decrease" the whole
page in size (e. g. A5 - A4), I would have to ensure that each element
of the page still fits in size. Don't know if it was meant this way...

Or did I get this completely wrong?

Rolf