[Gambas-user] Drag and drop inconsistent across toolkits

Ron ron at ...1740...
Sat Oct 18 15:59:32 CEST 2014

I have to drag a control on my form a few time until it sticks...
Is this related?

Ubuntu 14.04.1

Regards,
Ron.

> Den 2014-10-17 18:44, skrev Jørn Erik Mørne:
>
>> Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> there is a project attached which tries to implement some drag and drop.
>>> The
>>> archive has gb.qt4 as graphical component but let me start with its
>>> behaviour
>>> under gb.gui:
>>>
>>>  - drag from SourceLabel und SourceTextBox and drop on Destination work,
>>>  - if I do three drag and drops: (i) from SourceLabel, (ii) from
>>>    SourceTextBox, (iii) from SourceLabel again, I get an error
>>> "Undergoing
>>>    drag". At step (ii) I see a warning in the console:
>>>
>>>      (DragData:2084): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2580: instance
>>> '0x14170a0' has no handler with id '138'
>>>
>>> When I change the component to gb.qt4, I get the following:
>>>
>>>  - drag from SourceTextBox does not work automatically anymore, I have to
>>>    code it myself (losing the ability to select text in it),
>>>  - no errors or warnings.
>>>
>>> The project is from another Gambas user and on his system (don't know
>>> what
>>> it is -- does it matter?), the project with gb.gui does:
>>>
>>>  - drag from SourceTextBox works automatically, drag from SourceLabel
>>>    doesn't work, even when coded (as in the attached project).
>>>
>>> Is there anything I can say to him about this?
>>>
>>> My system:
>>>
>>> [System]
>>> Gambas=3.5.90
>>> OperatingSystem=Linux
>>> Kernel=3.15.8-1-ARCH
>>> Architecture=x86_64
>>> Distribution=arch
>>> Desktop=?
>>> Theme=QWindows
>>> Language=en_GB.UTF-8
>>> Memory=3758M
>>> [Libraries]
>>> Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11200.16
>>> Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
>>> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.2
>>> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.8.6
>>> GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
>>> GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.400.0
>>> GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.1200.2
>>> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.13
>>> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.24
>>> OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0