[Gambas-user] Attempted build of v3.6.0 RPM fails due to DejaVuSans.ttf require

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Fri Oct 17 20:30:15 CEST 2014

On 10/17/2014 02:04 PM, Tobias Boege wrote:

> There were things done to that file. Quoting the commit logs (in excerpts):
>
> --8<------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Revision: 5933
> [GB.SDL]
> * NEW: Rename the default SDL font file as "_default.ttf" to prevent
>    packaging conflicts.
>
> Added Paths:
> -----------
>      gambas/trunk/gb.sdl/src/data/_default.ttf
>
> Removed Paths:
> -------------
>      gambas/trunk/gb.sdl/src/data/DejaVuSans.ttf
>
> --8<------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Revision: 5937
> [GB.SDL]
> * NEW: Use the Gambas monospace font as SDL default font now.
>
> Added Paths:
> -----------
>      gambas/trunk/gb.sdl/src/data/_default.bdf
>
> Removed Paths:
> -------------
>      gambas/trunk/gb.sdl/src/data/_default.ttf
> --8<------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Maybe you can go further from here?
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Thank you for your response, Tobi.

I need to learn how to use SourceForge. Did you go to
http://sourceforge.net/p/gambas/code/HEAD/tree/ and then click "Browse
Commits"? Is there a way to search them?

In browsing the commits, I found [r6390]: "* NEW: The default font is
now embedded in the library."

I think that means I can safely remove the references to that external
font in the SPEC file. I will try that.

Thanks again.

--
Lee