[Gambas-user] 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed Only after installing Gambas3.6.0

Michael Perryman gambasperryman at ...626...
Fri Oct 17 20:15:55 CEST 2014

This afternoon I saw Gambas 3.6.0 available as as an update, & installed it.

My program was working without problems using Gambas 3.5.

It has a form with 4 text labels, 4 test boxes, 2 buttons, & a progress bar.

As soon as the form loads I get the following error message in the
console.  The message can only be cleared by closing & reopening Gambas.

(FindWptsGUI:2758): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_direction:
assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Once it has occurred if I drag the window border to resize it, the same
message repeats a very large number of times.

I tried loading an old version from backup so as to ensure that I had not
accidentally changed the program.
The old version showed exactly the same error message.

1)    Has anyone else had the problem?

2)    As this appears to be a GTK problem, does anyone have any idea how I
can resolve the problem.

[System]
Gambas=3.6.0
OperatingSystem=Linux