[Gambas-user] Attempted build of v3.6.0 RPM fails due to DejaVuSans.ttf require

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Fri Oct 17 19:29:50 CEST 2014

I am trying to build a RPM of Gambas 3.6.0 on my Mageia 3 system,
because I prefer to use package management instead of the
configure-make-install process.

I successfully built a v3.5.4 RPM by grabbing the Source RPM from the
Mageia development repository (Cauldron). However, v3.6.0 is not yet there.

So I grabbed the SPEC file from that SRPM
(http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/gambas3/current/SPECS/gambas3.spec)
and modified it slightly for v3.6.0.

The package seems to build just fine, but %install fails trying to
create a symlink to /usr/share/fonts/TTF/dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf within
the
~/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/gambas3-3.6.0-1.mga3.i386/usr/share/gambas3/gb.sdl/
directory, since that directory does not exist after the build.

Apparently DejaVuSans.ttf was at one time required by the SDL component?

Whether or not it was ever required, is it required today by v3.6.0? Can
I safely remove that requirement from the SPEC file?