[Gambas-user] print resolution issues

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Tue Oct 14 17:08:57 CEST 2014

Correctly ...--- > well
Le 14 oct. 2014 13:59, gambas.fr at ...626... a écrit :

Yes configure reset many properties

For labels you can use gb.report too. It manage resolutions correctly.
Le 13 oct. 2014 21:26, "Paul Horechuk" <horechuk at ...981...> a écrit :

It looks like the problem has been resolved. Keeping the same resolution
(100), I just moved the .resolution to just after the .configure line,
before the printer.begin. This at least fixes the pdf scaling issue and
I'm sure it will fix other printer issues as well.

Thanks to Gian and Benoit.

On 14-10-13 02:22 PM, Paul Horechuk wrote:
> Thank you for the examples.
>
> It appears we are doing a similar process. You use 72 as the resolution
> and with 25.4 mm per inch, you get a factor of 0.352778 (MM_X_PX).
>
> I use 100 for the resolution and use the page dimensions of the page in
> inches to get 850 x 1100 for US letter size. If I change to a res of 72
> then I should use 1.38889 as my adjustment factor or rather than
> dividing by the factor, I would multiply by 72/100 or 0.72. I would then
> use a page size of 8.5 x 72 or 612 wide and length is 792. Each offset
> is then multiplid by 0.72.
>
> As a result of this, my code does write to a pixel scale, just with a
> different resolution. Significant? Probably not. However, your code does
> print OK to a .pdf. Strange.
>
> On 14-10-10 06:04 PM, Gian wrote:
>> Sorry but for my scarce English I did not understand how did you print
>> to your HP.
>>
>> Anyway , I think that if you want to get the same proportions between
>> what you see on the screen and what you print (with millimeter
>> accuracy), have to look to compensation factors.
>>
>> For example with the components gb.qt4 and gb.qt4.ext, I use 0.352778
>> for change mm in px, I use 72 for print resolution and I use the
>> compensation factor for the font size (see my examples).
>>
>> hope that helps
>>
>> gianluigi
>>
>> PS: But I think that GTK not interested at the resolution. :-)
>>

>> Il 10/10/2014 21:12, Paul Horechuk ha scritto:
>>> Thanks. I'll check them out.

Avery

Reports

Think Free ...