[Gambas-user] A question about SQL field's names in gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Oct 14 14:58:08 CEST 2014

Le 14/10/2014 11:10, Jorge Carrión a écrit :
> Nobody answer this question, but I want add what I've found in hope that it
> helps someone who same problem:
>
> If your SQL sentence uses a Mysql function

So you use MySQL. You didn't tell that in your first mail, how can we guess?

> as mid, or substring or
> date_format or whatever, then table name is added to regular resultfields
> name (with or without alias) and fields who uses the mysql function are
> returned just with the alias.
> When you sql sentence is created by the user choosing tables, relationships
> and fields... this is a mess.
>
> Regards.

The table is always added to the field name if there are different
tables used in the result, to avoid possible ambiguity.

The problem is that it is not necessary if all field names are differents.

Benoît Minisini