[Gambas-user] Wow, Gambas is twice as fast as (Free) Pascal

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Oct 11 22:39:47 CEST 2014

Le 11/10/2014 21:49, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
> Just to be clear, I did not run 'polynom.gambas' as a script with the
> she-bang specifying to use 'gbs3' to execute it. That *is* slow.
>
> I executed it using gbs3 with the '-f' option invoking the JustInTime
> compiler.
>
> I also just now used the IDE to create a command-line application based
> on the benchmark, created an executable, and then ran that. That was
> also so slow (almost 2 minutes to Print the first result) that I did not
> let the timing test finish.
>
> So, it appears that the JIT compiler option is what makes the huge
> difference -- on my system anyway.

Ah ok, sounds more logical. Anyway, if you want to compare Gambas with a
compiled language, you should use the JIT compiler. And you must not use
it if you compare it with an interpreted-only language.

Benoît Minisini