[Gambas-user] Paint misbehaves on QT when a ValueBox.value is changed (v3.5.4)

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Fri Oct 10 05:40:38 CEST 2014

On 10/09/2014 07:32 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 10/10/2014 00:04, T Lee Davidson a écrit :
>> If a form's ValueBox.value is modified, subsequent Paint'ing on a cached
>> DrawingArea of the form doesn't produce the draw when the gb.qt4
>> component is loaded. It does work if, instead, the gb.gtk component is
>> manually selected in the project. Trying to set the focus back to the
>> DrawingArea, "DrawingArea1.SetFocus", after modifying the ValueBox.value
>> did not help.
>>
>> I have attached an archive of a sample project that shows this.
>>
>> Also, the sample project contains two methods to clear the DrawingArea,
>> because what works for GTK does not work for QT.
>>
>> Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
>>

>> Thanks for any help,
>> Lee
>>

> I saw no problem in the drawing, whatever the GUI component (gb.qt4,
> gb.gtk or gb.gtk3). But I saw that there are bugs in DrawingArea.Clear()
> in all components!
>
> Regards,

Well that's a little disappointing that you weren't able to replicate
the issue on your system. On mine, the red line is drawn and then when
it comes time for the blue line to be drawn, the red line disappears as
if the DrawingArea has been cleared. It's a mystery to me.

But, thank you for looking into it.

Lee