[Gambas-user] Gambas daily Debian packages require 3.6

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...626...
Fri Oct 10 02:07:26 CEST 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Benoît Minisini <
gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Le 10/10/2014 00:52, Sebastian Kulesz a écrit :
> > I just updated the PPA to use the new 3.6.99 unstable version. This
> should
> > fix your problem Christof.
>
> The version number for the next unstable version is 3.6.90, not 3.6.99.

For some reason i've been using that number for unstable releases for some
time now. Is there really a reason to fix it? Being a lower version number,
i would have to delete and rebuild all the packages.

I have also added Utopic packages to prepare for it's stable release. If
somebody is up for testing you can start using it now. Please report if
everything works!

> > Packages are now versioned using the svn revision (i.e gambas3
> > - 3.6.99+svn6523+build47~ubuntu12.04.1), so this should make it easier to
> > report new bugs and inform the revision being used.
>
> Good idea!

I wanted to do that since the beginning! It was a bug [0] with launchpad
build system that went unfixed for two years that prevented me doing that.
Because of the lower version number that the change would induce, i had to
wait until now to implement it. ;)

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-buildd/+bug/915505