[Gambas-user] Paint misbehaves on QT when a ValueBox.value is changed (v3.5.4)

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Fri Oct 10 00:04:10 CEST 2014

If a form's ValueBox.value is modified, subsequent Paint'ing on a cached
DrawingArea of the form doesn't produce the draw when the gb.qt4
component is loaded. It does work if, instead, the gb.gtk component is
manually selected in the project. Trying to set the focus back to the
DrawingArea, "DrawingArea1.SetFocus", after modifying the ValueBox.value
did not help.

I have attached an archive of a sample project that shows this.

Also, the sample project contains two methods to clear the DrawingArea,
because what works for GTK does not work for QT.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Lee

P.S. "System informations" reports the Theme as "Oxygen" no matter what
desktop theme I have enabled. I have tried the sample project with Air,
Aya, Oxygen, and QtCurve-Luna.

[System]
Gambas=3.5.4
OperatingSystem=Linux