[Gambas-user] Question on ComboBox

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...3340...
Tue Oct 7 15:32:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 07.10.2014 um 13:39 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> The ComboBox look and behaviour is entirely managed by the GUI toolkit
> and theme. Most of GTK+ theme has this weird behaviour with ComboBox.
> Qt4 don't, unless you use the QGtk widget theme that encapsulates a GTK+
> theme inside a QT one.
>
> In other words, Gambas cannot do anything against that, unless you
> rewrite your own ComboBox entirely in Gambas.
>
> I will try to do that after the 3.6 release to see if it is possible.

Since a couple of weeks (if I have time) I am writing an own ComboBox,
which can be filled by a list or a result of a database, has
autocomplete, supports read-only or overwrite, has an index and one or
more columns.

Tobi helped me a lot with that and nearly all functionality is fulfilled
now, but it is still alpha (autocompletion still a bit buggy) and no
component but just a class.

I would like to give it to the Gambas community but licensed as open
source with me and our firm as author. Are you interested? I need help
to make a real independent component out of the code.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur