[Gambas-user] Question on ComboBox

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Oct 7 11:57:33 CEST 2014

When using a combobox, with a lot of elements in there you get a screen
full. To me this is NOT very user friendly.

I was wondering why it is not allowed to set the MaxLength property for
a list that is Read Only?
Is there a specific reason, or can it be implemented  into Gambas for
Read Only lists as well?

I want users to select from a ComboBox, pre filled with data from a
table (a long list and NOT very user friendly to see on screen). I do
not want them to be able to type their own stuff into the combobox , so
I need to set it to Read Only.

Problem now is that MaxLength property is no longer possible to set!!

So, it is either:
- a short list (desired) and user can input into combobox (not desired)
- a long list (not desired) and user can't input into combobox (desired)

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/