[Gambas-user] Question about making packages

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Oct 7 11:27:09 CEST 2014

On di, 2014-10-07 at 11:00 +0200, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Just for fun I tried to make an install package out of one of my
> projects. Everything ran flawlessly, now there is an .rpm of the
> binaries and an .rpm of the sources.
>
> If I was another user and would download and install the binary package,
> would Gambas or the interpreter be installed automatically? Would the
> dependencies be observed, or would I have to care for this myself?
>
> I tried to use the file browser and just clicked on the .rpm.
> Installation was stopped because it didn't find a Gambas3 (I have a
> self-compiled version running).
>
> There is one project which might be nice to distribute for our students,
> in case they use Linux. That's why I ask.
>
> Rolf

Rolf,
the .rpm packages will only install if dependencies are met. This is
something the distro's package installers normally check.

Dependencies are only met, if a repository is know to you distro that
can meet the dependencies by installing the gambas parts the .rpm needs.

I don't know what distro you use and thus if a recent Gambas version is
available for that distro.

I do know that recent versions of Fedora and Mageia have Gambas 3.5.x in
their repositories, so there installing the .rmp should work (presuming
you did NOT make the .rpm with Gambas 3.5.90).

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/