[Gambas-user] ERROR when I put a GridView on the Form

Charlie charlie at ...2793...
Thu Oct 2 22:37:06 CEST 2014

Ru Vuott <vuott <at> yahoo.it> writes:

> Hello,
>
> when I set the GRIDVIEW on the Form an error-notice window is raised:

***
>  This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort.
>   [13] Null object.
>   ScrollArea.DrawingArea_Draw.417

***

> I do not understand ....
>
> Here my system:
>
> [System]
> Gambas=3.5.90
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=3.13.0-24-generic
> Architecture=x86_64
> Distribution=Linux Mint 17 Qiana
> Desktop=GNOME
> Theme=QCleanlooks
> Language=it_IT.UTF-8
> Memory=3953M
> [Libraries]
> Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11301.0
> Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
> DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.6
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
> GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.204.0
> GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.1000.8
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.23
> OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
> Poppler=libpoppler.so.44.0.0
> Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.6
> SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
>
> Regards
> vuott

-----
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?
id=154622311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Hi,

I suggest you use the latest stable version of Gambas which is 3.5.4 as the
version 3.5.90 is for testing only and is expected to be buggy.

Remove your existing ppa, then in Terminal run the following: -

sudo apt-get remove --purge gambas3
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gambas3

Hope that helps.

Charlie