[Gambas-user] TextArea Pop-up Menu on right click

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Oct 2 16:27:44 CEST 2014

Le 02/10/2014 15:36, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :

> Am 30.09.2014 15:29, schrieb Benoît Minisini:
>> Le 30/09/2014 10:59, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> TextArea produces a pop-up menu when right-clicking on it. What can I do
>>> to get rid of this behavious, i. e. when I do not want the user to be
>>> able to manipulate the text via the pop-up menu?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your ideas!
>>>
>>> Rolf
>>>

>> Either set the "PopupMenu" property, or implement the "Menu" event handler.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

> Hi Benoit, I tried both but to no avail. Even if I give an existing
> menu, the standard menu (with Paste and Copy) will pop up. And it is
> this menu I would like to avoid (because the students use it to fleece
> the teacher) ;)
>
> Rolf

Sorry, I told you what I wanted to achieve with the 'Menu' event
handler. But by looking at the code, I see that it does not behave
correctly, and it does not even behave the same between gb.qt4 and gb.gtk.

I will fix that for 3.6.

As for PopupMenu, it works for me provided that you don't implement the
Menu event handler!

Benoît Minisini