[Gambas-user] Desktop requirements

Paul Horechuk horechuk at ...981...
Sun Nov 30 20:47:55 CET 2014

I'm running KDE Plasma on Ubuntu 14.04 AMD64 6 core with 8GB RAM. I have
Gambas 3.6.2 from a PPA and have been experiencing Bus error 7 or seg
fault 11. Gambas crashes with either error. gdb reports a crash but
cannot report to the Ubuntu developers as gambas is treated as a third
party application. I have attempted to narrow down the causes by logging
in with different desktops, Ubuntu, Gnome3, Unity, Lubuntu, Xubuntu,
xfce, etc. The only desktop that allows me to to enter text into the
textboxes, appears to be KDE Plasma (not Kubuntu!).

The components I have added to the project are:
gb,
gb.db,
gb.db.mysql,
gb.db.form,
gb.db.odbc,
gb.form,
gb.image,
gb.gui,
gb.image,
gb.image.effect,
gb.image.imlib

The program uses 3 external programs:
bash to execute commands
php to do timestamp conversions, and
qrencode to create QRcodes.

The process creates up to 10 labels (2 by 5) on an 8.5 by 11" drawing
area, parented by the printer class. The crash happens before the
printer routines are involved. The crash has even happened while the
program was waiting for me to press an OK button to finish a batch of QR
codes. Sending you the project is next to useless as it only happens on
my KDE desktop. On a VM session with Fedora 20, there are no crashes,
but different problems occur in the printer section.

--
Think Free ...
    Use Open Source Software