[Gambas-user] New behaviour for the Split() instruction

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sat Nov 29 22:22:23 CET 2014

On Sat, 29 Nov 2014, Beno??t Minisini wrote:
> I'm currently a new behaviour for the Split() instruction, that is
> normally backward-compatible.
>
> 	Split("abcd",";","\\;")
>
> splits the "abcd" string with the ";" character, and uses the backslash
> character for escaping it.
>
> This behaviour is enabled when the escape string (the third argument)
> has two characters, and its second character is the same as the first
> splitting character (the second argument). Then the first character of
> the escape string is the escape character (usually a backslash).
>
> What do you think about that?

I have not found any use of a two-character escape string in my collective
projects. Therefore, no objection. (Although I don't really understand what
the change means. Do you have an example of what Split() gives before and
after your change, in a case where they're different?)

Regards,
Tobi