[Gambas-user] Cannot download OfflineHelp because Desktop.NetworkAvailable incorrectly returns False

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at ...626...
Fri Nov 28 22:47:58 CET 2014

I couldn't download the offline Help and wanted to know why.

I have found that NetworkAvailable_Read() in Desktop.class is relying on
'/sbin' being configured in the user's path. On my system, it is not.
And, so `ifconfg` and `ip` from a console both produce, "command not found".

It is necessary to use the absolute path for these commands, ie.
'/sbin/ifconfig' and '/sbin/ip', for them to work on my system.

Note: For anyone else experiencing this issue, I have attached two
files. One is a script that will update the offline help for you. And,
the second is a Gambas command-line app that will let you know if the
help needs updating.

Note to Benoît: Stat.LastModified returns a localized time and needs to
be corrected to match sTimestamp. (But, of course, I may be confused again.)

[System]
Gambas=3.6.0
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.10.60-desktop-1.mga3
Architecture=x86
Distribution=Mageia 3
Desktop=KDE4
Theme=Oxygen
Language=en_US.UTF-8
Memory=1005M
[Libraries]
Cairo=libcairo.so.2.11200.12
Curl=libcurl.so.4.3.0
DBus=libdbus-1.so.3.7.2
GStreamer=libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.30.0
GStreamer=libgstreamer-1.0.so.0.5.0
GTK+3=libgtk-3.so.0.600.4
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.17
OpenGL=libGL.so.1.2.0
Poppler=libpoppler.so.34.0.0
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.6
SDL=libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4

--
Lee

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."